Module 2: Introduction
The 7 Principles of Perfect Posture
The foundation of perfect and healthy body posture rests on seven principles. Most likely you haven't heard of them yet, so just take your time to work through this module. Go at your own pace; there is no rush. Repeat the exercises for each principle as many times as you need to, until you fully understand them.
The 7 Principles are:
- Principle 1: Pelvic/Hip Position
- Principle 2: LIAM Back Pull
- Principle 3: Spine Stretch
- Principle 4: Head, Neck, & Chin Position
- Principle 5: Rib Cage Closure
- Principle 6: 2-Dimensional Neck Stretch
- Principle 7: 2-Dimensional Body Stretch
These principles will help you achieve the perfect posture! In the following lessons, I will teach you step by step how to impart the 7 principles to achieve perfect, healthy body posture.
Before We Start, Here are Some Pointers
- Use a full-length mirror where you can see yourself from head to toe.
- Do ALL exercises first WITHOUT any shoes (barefoot or in socks). Then, once you feel more comfortable with the module, put on some heels (work your way up from lower to higher heels).
- Go at your own pace and repeat as many times as necessary. If you're not able to do an exercise, at first, don't worry; with practice, you'll definitely get there!
Now, let's dive in and start building your perfect posture!